Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lenten Season

Yesterday marked the beginning of Lent. Yikes. Already? Before we know it, it will be Christmas. I mean.. thats 10 months away but you get my point.

I honestly still feel like it's November of 2011. Where was Winter this Winter? I know I shouldn't be complaining but come on.. I would have enjoyed at least ONE "work from home" day this winter. 

This Lenten season is going to be my own worst enemy. There are two things that I almost can't go a day without (sounds dramatic but it's true); sweets and diet coke. (Don't judge).

Yesterday, I swore to myself and to the Man above that I would go 40 days and 40 nights without these two sweet addictions that I love so incredibly much.

                                  This might be me by next week. Just sayin.

I'm sure you are like "come on Joanna, really?" but my response to you would be "yes... really". Asking me to give up diet coke and sweets is like asking Miranda Lambert and Chris Brown to be BFF's. Not gonna happen. But since I love the man upstairs so much and what His only son has done for me and His people... the least I can do is go 40 days without the caffeine and calories my body, which I'm sure, ever so loves me for. (Not).

Who knows, maybe by the end of this season I will be able to dismiss diet coke and sweets for good and look like this in one year....

                                             Meh... I can dream right?

I have 39 days to go with this fasting of mine and I have no doubt that it will be difficult... (considering I spent 10 minutes staring at my coworkers diet coke bottle in our work refridgerator contemplating on stealing a sip).

No one really likes sip stealers though so I decided to walk away and not be that girl.

But Jo(W)anna know what? I am going to stay strong, trust in myself that I can do this, and be true not only to myself, but to Jesus as well. Because He sees all. Creepy right? But true.

To all you Catholics/Christians out there! Stay strong! We got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment